WelcomeWelcome to Some Kind of Wonderful Romance Awards! We are an original romance awards site. Our rounds run through the summer season (click here for more information). We have many additional features on the site geared towards aiding the aspiring author. Our goal? To bring depth and fun to an otherwise patronized genre and to create an archive for some of the best romance-intensive fiction published online.
For quick updates about what I'm currently working on, check out our Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr.
10 November 2014
We have extended the nomination period! Continue nominating. :) Keep an eye on our Twitter feed to the left for updates on which categories may need some more lovin'.
Hopefully we can get a new layout soon -- if anyone with graphics expertise wants to help out, drop us a line!
8 October 2014
NOMINATIONS ARE LIVE! GO NOMINATE NOW!
New layout incoming. Get your nominations in! :)
5 October 2014
A few hiccups and a delay in getting our round going, but we can assure you it's definitely moving! The new categories have been announced and with that, the judges who will be helping us out this round. Check out the Categories page to learn more.
No new judges this time around since we have enough veteran judges returning. Thank you all for submitting your feedback about which categories you liked! We definitely took them into consideration when putting the categories list together.
It's almost time for nominations! Just a few more things to get ready and then we will have everything set. Nearly all of the winners' graphics have been migrated to our new Flickr account -- just a couple rounds missing now. Look forward to some more changes!
12 September 2014
It's been a good long while since the last update, hasn't it? It's about time SKoW is back in business, right? We are having a new round! Instead of a summer round, we will instead be having a Fall Round. Check out the tentative dates to the left for more info on that.
As with all new rounds, we have a lot of prep to do. So what exactly are we doing?
- 1. Looking for new judges. Interested in joining the SKoW staff? Consider being a judge! We are looking for new judges this year. We will only have ten categories this year as opposed to the regular fifteen so we may not need as many as we have needed in the past, depending on how many veteran judges come back. The judge applications are now open and they are due on September 20. We will be picking the new judge on the 21st, so make sure you get yours in on time!
- Judge Application: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zuov0elohNLwmCbWqRpY9AoNo1c8GX3k5KUSzd_WeNo/viewform?usp=send_form
- Judges' Duties and Responsibilities: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O3QY3oXohqeBzw2Z4A1fScIP9t6PPgb-uA6KSiTEFIk/edit?usp=sharing
- 2. Uploading past winner graphics onto Flickr. We're migrating our stuff from Yahoo! Groups. Part of that process has been to move our challenges to our Tumblr page and now we are moving our winner graphics to our new Flickr page. Check it out! If you're a past winner, you can find your award there.
- 3. Updating old pages. See stuff that's not really relevant anymore? Let us know! We're in the process of updating pages to reflect the current Internet landscape.
- 4. Answering questions on ask.fm. We've moved from formspring to ask.fm! If you have a question, feel free to ask us there -- no login required. Answers will be posted to our Twitter page, which is conveniently fed right into your sidebar.
So what's next? In our new few updates, you can look forward to: the announcement of what the categories for this round will be, the names of the new judges, a new layout (!!) and explanation of the theme, and more!
Past UpdatesUpdates from August 6, 2013 to December 13, 2007.
All updates from 2005-2007 have been purged as our freewebs site has also been deleted.
DisclaimerSome Kind of Wonderful Romance Awards does not own any of the stories on this site. Stories belong to their respective authors. We do not make generate profit in running this website. All the movies, TV shows, songs, etc. that we use in graphics have their own copyrights which should be respected. Some stories on this site are rated M for Mature. Parents, keep your kids away if you don't want them reading the stories. Jenina and her staff members are each responsible for their own words, spoken or otherwise. All dates/deadlines announced on the site are tentative and subject to change.