- All different types of pairings are accepted in all categories. The exceptions to this rule are het pairings in the Best Slash category and slash pairings in the Best Het category. Otherwise, it's fair game. (:
- All stories must be in English. Although we know that there may be some amazing stories in different languages, our primary language is English and including other languages will just be too complicated.
- Stories that have previously won in a category may not be nominated for that same category again. This also includes stories that were previously incomplete and had changed to complete.
- Authors and stories inducted into the Hall of Fame cannot be nominated for any more awards. The Hall of Fame is our highest honor. Anything after that would just be redundant.
- Stories must be archived either in FictionPress or another site that provides the same information. Exceptions may be made if they are deemed quality material. Either way, it must provide the same information that FictionPress stories provide (i.e. length, published date, complete/incomplete, number of chapters, etc). It must be easily accessible to the public (no additional requirements to see it like making an account, getting approval by the author, etc).
- There are specific rules for each category, which are located here: click me!
- Nominated stories must be able to be placed in the Romance genre. For example -- if a story is under the main category of "General" on FictionPress, but the subcategory is Romance, then the story is accepted. Stories that are under the main category of "Romance" but lacks the subcategory of Romance specifically are still accepted. The only exception to this rule is the category Best Non-Romance, in which romance can't be a subgenre, or the main genre.
- Poems can only be nominated for the Best Poetry category. Stories must either be chaptered stories or a well-developed one-shot (see one-shot rule below). Epic poems may be submitted, but they must indeed be epic. (Think Homer's Odyssey and Vergil's Aeneid.)
- Quizilla stories are no longer accepted. Unless said stories are archived on a site other than Quizilla, the story cannot be considered for a nomination. Generally speaking, we just don't like to deal with the formatting that Quizilla puts their stories in. We do accept Livejournal, as long as they are properly archived.
- All stories have to be original stories. Fanfiction are not allowed.
- A single story can be nominated in only two categories per round. If it happens that an author has been nominated for Amazing Wordsmith and two other categories for that author's only story, that's fine.
- One-shots can only be nominated in the "Best One-Shot" category. Exceptions are made if it is a particularly long one-shot (meaning, at least 10,000 words).
- Completed stories cannot be nominated in incomplete categories, and vice versa. The stories MUST remain incomplete by the beginning of the voting period, otherwise it will be disqualified from its categories or moved up to the complete categories.
- All stories nominated must come up to our standards, which means that there has to be decent spelling, grammar, and punctuation. If the story you're nominating does not have this, my staff will not accept the nomination. This also includes stories without proper paragraphing. If it cannot be read properly, we won't even consider it. There is also an issue of length. If your story is developed enough, we will accept it. If not, then we will have to reject it and say to try again next Round.
Nominations for this round have been closed.